Sunday, March 29, 2015

Want to play? - Game Based Learning


Let me just start with this: my high schoolers love to play. Any game really! We play German Monopoly (R), "Deutschlandreise" ("Travels through Germany", a board game), card games and many more traditional games. They also like digital games. Just lately, I introduced them to "Kahoot" and since then, they ask me to play more!

I watched the "What is game-based-learning?" video. The definitions of the different kinds of games was very helpful for further studies of this topic, which lies a bit outside of my comfort zone. I am not a "gamer" at all. I enjoy playing games, but usually don't. It seems like there is much time wasted - until now, when one can actually learn something.

For the 2nd task, I took the "Bartle Test of Gamer Psychology" and I am not surprised to find out that I am an "Explorer". Here are my results:


My all time favorite video game is "The Sims" and "Sim City". Every since they came out, I can spend days playing. Building, exploring, making social connections, having the city going - this is fun! 



No comments:

Post a Comment